Friday, November 28, 2008

Songs of Kabir

Kabir says: ...look within, and behold how the moon-beams of that Hidden One shine in you.

Welcome to my Kabir inspired blog, Moonglow's Rainbow. I am, as yet, in the process of conceptualizing...but I wanted to share with you a beautiful Kabir verse that describes bliss:

There the sky is filled with music;
There i t rains nectar:
There the harp-strings jingle, and there
the drums beat.
What a secret splendour is there, in
the mansion of the sky!
There no mention is made of the rising and
setting of the sun;
In the ocean of manifestation,which is
the light of love, day and night
are felt to be one.
Joy ever, no sorrow no stuggle!
There have I seen joy filled to the brim,
perfection of joy;
No place for error is there.
Kabir says: there have I witessed
the sport of One Bliss!"

XVII Songs of Kabir

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sentiment,may we all come to know ourselves as rainbows and moon-beams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yogini, I'm a follower on Cynthia's Oasis Writing Link blog, which is how I found your new Moonglow's Rainbow blog. Reading these Kabir Songs inspires me to explore my own inner world more. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Readers, you are welcome to share your thoughts.